The Canada Border Services Agency is beginning to replace kiosks with new "next generation" kiosks to provide faster, more reliable and efficient service in the air mode.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is beginning to replace kiosks with new "next generation" kiosks to provide faster, more reliable and more efficient service in the air mode.
The installation of the new kiosks begins with Macdonald-Cartier International Airport in Ottawa and will be phasing in to the rest of the Canadian airports that offer NEXUS by late October/early November.
The way to interact with the new kiosk has changed. Namely, you will now be required to insert your NEXUS membership card into the kiosk card reader. For your reference, refer to the following instructions when using the new kiosk:
1. Have your NEXUS card ready;
2. Select language of choice before inserting your NEXUS card into the document reader;
3. When prompted, insert your NEXUS card into the document reader;
4. Ensure the card is face up (picture side) and fully inserted into the reader;
5. Leave the card in the reader until instructed to remove it;
6. You will receive audio instructions advising you to look into the mirror;
7. You will use the arrows located on the mirrors to adjust to ensure that you see both eyes;
8. Look into the mirror, moving slightly forward or backward until you see the circle centered between your eyes change from orange to green;
9. Follow the instructions on the screen and answer the questions on the monitor.
For more information, visit the NEXUS website for future updates.
Things we blog about
Places we have blogged about
- Africa, Anywhere
- Alaska, Usa
- Alberta, Canada
- Andalusia, Spain
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Athens, Esye31, Greece
- Austin, Tx, United States
- Bali, Indonesia
- Baltimore-towson, Md, United States
- Banff, 01, Canada
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Barcelona, 56, Spain
- Beijing, China
- Berlin, Germany
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia
- Boston, Ma, United States
- Calgary, 01, Canada